If people can’t see what God is doing, they stumble all over themselves; But when they attend to what he [God] reveals, they are most blessed. - Proverbs 29:18. Vision is the ability to see the future from a distance. The ability to dream about what can happen both now and in the future. (John Maxwell). Remember the following when you are thinking about your vision.
A God-inspired vision:
- Is larger than you
- Is more than what you think that you can accomplish in your own strength
- Is something that only God can do through you.
- Comes from God.
Having a vision will:
- Change the way you look at life.
- Change the choices that you make.
- Change how you react to situations that life brings.
- Change how you view your own faults, failures, and false-starts.
Something to Think About
- What is God doing in your life?
- What has God revealed to you lately?
- What is your big, God-sized vision for yourself, family, community, church?
- What are you doing to bring that vision to reality?
Let us pray:
Holy God, open my eyes that I may see and comprehend what you are doing the present and catch a glimpse of what you have in store for the future.