You are invited to join us on Sunday, June 14, 2015 during our 10:00AM Worship Service for Men’s Day 2015! The special guest speaker is Reverend Michael W. Armstrong, Lead Pastor of Colesville United Methodist Church in Silver Spring, Maryland.
This year theme for the annual Men's Day Worship Service is Men Accepting God's Challenges Through Faith.
The purpose of United Methodist Men is to develop a creative, supportive fellowship of men who seek to know Jesus Christ and to grow spiritually.
An Annual Men’s Day has been celebrated in local churches of The United Methodist Churches for many years. Its history covers more than a 100 years, representing a heritage rooted in the experiences and traditions of both the Evangelical United Brethren Church and African-American congregations of the Methodist Church, and by those who covenanted together to form these organizations. Today, many churches with these roots continue to observe an Annual Men’s Day Celebration in addition to Laity Sunday.
The purpose of the Annual Men’s Day Celebration in the local church is to:
- Provide an opportunity to affirm and lift up the priesthood of laymen in the church;
- Emphasize the need for men’s involvement in the life and total Mission of the church;
- Stress the importance of trained and dedicated leadership by men;
- Encourage an awareness of oneness in Christ among all men;
- Affirm men’s participation and leadership role in the total mission of the church;
- Recruit men to become involved in ministry for men and youth;
- Encourage men to support both spiritually and financially the programs and projects sponsored by men of the church;
- Lift up the work of United Methodist Men;
- Recognize outstanding contributions and services to others by men during the past year; and
- Plan and give leadership to a service of worship designed to inspire, challenge and motivate men